Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Koigu Temptations

Ok. For the record. This is totally Stacey's fault. DH would say it has more to do with willpower but as this is my story we'll be placing blame elsewhere. Stacey's post yesterday about the beautiful and now very prettily organized selection of Koigu at one of our LYS prompted me to visit over my lunch break today. I think my Koigu stash tripled...

My initial thought with these was a Charlotte but once I got home and played with some combinations I'm torn over which combo to use. I will need your help with that gentle reader.


These sweet ones were picked up because they are purty. And orange. Well, two of them are at any rate.


We can let Stacey off the hook for this last one. I believe it shares blame between Cyn, Wanda, and Kim who have both talked incessantly about this yarn and this particular colorway that I had to snag one when I saw it. It's so pretty knit up. Check it out.

9 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Blogger Chris said...

*wipes drool off keyboard*

 
At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Imbrium said...

Oooh, that Trekking is purty.

 
At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Jeni said...

Hey I was going to buy that koigu with the red and greens on the bottom photo at the Big Sale, but Cassidy could only find one so I passed!!! Not that I knew what I was going to do with it.

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Calling Kahlo said...

Koigu kraziness, I really need to look at this yarn. Maybe, when I venture into lace efforts.

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Kim said...

I have been fighting the urge to go to String since I saw Stacey's post. You got some great colors though :) And Ooooo you got some trekking--now you need to knit it up into some socks(I'm going to try and learn either magic loop or socks on circs with some of mine)!

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger CynCyn said...

if you have buyer's remorse, i'll take it off your hands. :) you know I got more, right? and i hope the retail therapy helped u feel better today.

 
At 2:27 AM, Anonymous luv2stitch said...

I was just catching up on the blogs and noticed about a week ago that you purchased the Katia Jamaica yarn. I just finished that Katia boatneck in the exact same colorway. It is very bright. Here's a finished pic. http://xd8.xanga.com/b32b87571503350747915/s34068840.jpg
Another view is on my blog.

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

Ohh, I love that it is everyone else's fault that you bought all of the Koigu!! I dunno if anyone else will believe that or not. Great colors! You bought one of the colors I've been lusting after. Someone might as well have it since I can't seem to actually ever buy it.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

Mwah...haaa...haaa! My evil plan to get all of my knitting friends to buy Koigu is progressing very nicely! My mission is almost complete! Apparently I need to work a little harder on Wanda though...mwah, haa, haa!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home