Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Little bit of Knittin'

For the first, and probably only, time I was able to be realistic about how much knitting I would get done on my recent family visit. I only brought one project, though I did bring all the yarn for it like somehow I'd manage to finish the whole thing in between all the running errands and decorating and other good-bridesmaid activities I'd be doing.
I decided that this event called for a new project. Not that I really need an excuse to cast on or anything...
I started the ever-so-lovely Noro Shrug during the knitting retreat which has been the project of choice lately in my little corner of the Mile High city. I've actually gotten quite far on it as it's fairly mindless and sooo pretty. This was the yarn that tempted me away from the stash-along so I'm very pleased that I still like it as much as I do. Guilt tends to make me less fond of things but it hasn't dampened my adoration at all.

I love this photo even though you can't see how far I've gotten. It really shows off the colors. Yummy!

8 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Blogger Chris said...

The colors are great! What a fabulous blue.

Heh, Ginger made a button for we Stashalong dropouts...

 
At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Stacey said...

Oh crap! I need to get going on mine! I can't have three people finish before me, that's just pathetic! I do love that colorway...and you know I'm not usually a blue person. Looks great! I hope to see it on Friday!

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Brianne said...

Wow! I'm in love!

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

It really does look great in that colorway. It was definitely worth getting kicked off the Stash bus for it. I'm kinda glad you got it, otherwise, now that I've seen it knitted up, I really want it, even more! :-)

 
At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Joanne said...

Just beautiful - and worth falling off the Stashalong cart. If you're coming to Borders on Saturday, bring it with you, okay? I'll be missing TC this week, by the way.

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Jenifer said...

You're making one, too??!! I. Need. This. Pattern. So. Badly. You guys are just completely torturing me!! BTW, did I tell you your wedding dress looked gorgeous?? Not sure I ever got back to you on that ...

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Jenifer said...

PS, what colorway is that??

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Glaistig said...

Wow, the colors are lovely! Your pic really shows them off. Inspired by Jenifer, I just knit a OSW in Noro. Now, I am definitely going to have to check out the Noro cabled shrug pattern.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home