Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Retreat

This past weekend was fabulous. I highly recommend that if you ever get the opportunity to attend a knitting retreat (or even just a weekend out with the grrls to knit and veg) that you take it. As Cyn and Stacey already mentioned, we went prepared.
I still can't get over the view from the B&B. It was such a beautiful place. I'm very tempted to run out and open a B&B of my own if I get a view like this. I'll have to open a yarn store in the basement and cater to knitting retreats. This all sounds like a great plan to me. Now, to work on the DH... :D


From the front porch


And from the back porch

Great people. Great view. Tons of knitting. And of course some yarn aquisitions. Can't forget to mention those can I? BTW, we determined that the stash will always be there as we are all collectors. Before yarn it was books. At least yarn isn't as heavy right?

Starting in the top left there is some Shelridge Farm yarn that I got when we did the "grab bag of prizes". It's tough to pick out the "yarn shaped" presents but I managed. *grin*. Then we have Karabella Aurora 8 in a dark olive to make that AWESOME sweater the Yarn Harlot just blogged about from Inspired Cable Knits (the one with the drawstrings). She has some great photos on her blog. There is a bag behind the Karabella (one of those clear plastic ones with three different sizes - a gift from the retreat). The next bag contains the kit we bought to make the Blue Jeans Purse from Black Water Abbey (very cute small purse and one of the classes we had at the retreat- I also ordered the kit for the Knitted Fair Isle Tote Bag) in a colorway I put together. It was alot of fun to play with the different color options. Next up are four skeins of Frog Tree for a scarf of some sort. Hidden under those is a skein of Opal sock yarn in the same color as the Frog Tree. I'm starting to see a trend with the greens. Knitting on the Road - GREAT sock book. There are also some very cute cards with sheep on them. Oh, there's a candle I couldn't pass up. It smells wonderful. Um, that should be it. All said and done it was a most wonderful weekend. This post is getting too long so I'll show you all the knitting I got done in the next post. Have a great one!

6 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Joanne said...

Glad you had a good time at Liar's Lodge! I'm looking forward to seeing what you knitted. Are you going to TC on Friday? If so, bring along the yarn for show and tell!

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Wow, sounds like a completely fabulous time!! Hopefully I get a chance to meet y'all as I take my KnitBlogger's Field Trip this fall. :)

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger CynCyn said...

i had an awesome time with all of you, and wish our weekend could have been longer. can't wait for estes!

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

Glad you all had a good time and yarn was added to the stash. All in all a great weekend!

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Jenifer said...

Sounds like you had so much fun!

 
At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Samantha said...

wow, what a fabulous time!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home