Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Monday, May 15, 2006

Finished

Before I left on my little trip I insisted on finishing up my Noro shrug so I could wear it to the wedding in case I got chilled. It's something that happens to me very frequently and I wanted to wear something cute rather than my standard grey fleece. In fact, I took it shopping with me to buy the little "wedding outfit". I wonder if the guy at anthropoligie noticed the knitting needles were still in it when I stuffed it in the bag with the skirt I wore...

Well, I wore it, but apparently got no pictures of it and the cute outfit so you'll have to make due with the shrug and what I wore to work today. The shrug is mega-cute either way.




Love, love, love this bugger. The pattern is from Noro 18. The picture in the book is horrible and if some folks I know hadn't already made one I wouldn't have even noticed it. The pattern book even says that the pattern for this isn't in there but trust me, it's in there. I thought the pattern was well written and very simple. It's a great one to practice cabling without a cable needle if you feel like giving that a whirl.

Of course, since I finished something I had to cast on for a few new things... I'll tell you about those later though. Have a great one!

7 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Blogger CynCyn said...

shrug looks awesome. can't wait to see it in person. actually, i'd like to see the whole outfit together. Did DH like the shirt you bought him?

 
At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Tiffany said...

Nice shrug! Red Touche came in today, will hold it for u.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Wow...it looks so good all finished and everything! Sheesh. I need to get in gear, seriously!

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

It really looks so cute. You finished it pretty quickly. I wanna see the cute outfit too! Let me know if you wana meet for lunch sometime this week.

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Jenifer said...

That is sooo gorgeous! I saw Cynthia's last week ... I might need you to scan the pattern and send it my way, if possible (??) ... I don't know how much longer I can go on without making that. :) Way Cute.

 
At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Jeni said...

I love it! So what can we all make next?

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Chris said...

It's gorgeous and very, very cool!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home