Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Friday, May 19, 2006

Flamingo

The Flamingo is making nice progress. It's a really quick knit if you can focus on it long enough to not have to rip out every time you turn around. The pattern isn't hard per se. Think felted clogs type of challenge. Easy enough. You just have to pay attention. Sigh.

I've actually had a bunch of fun making it so far. It's so interesting to see it take shape. And it sounds so odd when you get to certain sections. Like "Turning the Neck". How often am I going to get to turn a neck? Really? ha.


102_3403

On a side note, I've seem to come across a bunch of pink flamingo novelties since starting this pattern. Imagine that... Must have flamingos on the brain.
There are the standard yard variety, the string of lights variety, the actual birds, and my favorite has been this photo that came to me entitled "Bird Flu Hits Miami Trailer Park....from the Headlines"

8 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

I love it!

 
At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Stacy said...

Hi I am new to your blog. I came over from the weekend sachel kal and have lurked for a week because I like your taste in projects, and the fact that you live where I am moving next month was cool too (wanted to see what cool LYS there are there and such) Well I wanted to say hello and that I think the bird flu picture is absolutely HILARIOUS! Have a great weekend!

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I blogged the flamingo photo after seeing this. Also, it just dawned on me that you are knitting a flamingo. That is awesome.

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Chris said...

That last picture is so cool! Hmm, somewhere I have some interesting pink flamingo lawn ornament pictures... I wonder where...

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger Calling Kahlo said...

There is actually a pink flamingo fundraiser that organizations host. Essentially you pay the organization ten bucks to put a pink flamingo on someone's lawn (a friend, family member). In order for the flamingos to leave, that person has to pay the org five bucks to remove. Here is the story: http://www.baristanet.com/barista/2004/09/yipes_its_those.html

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger CynCyn said...

oh no! maybe the bird flu had reached pandemic status! AUGH!

 
At 10:38 AM, Anonymous Joanne said...

I can't wait to see you finished flamingo!

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger JulieFrick said...

Bwa-ha-ha-ha!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home