Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Monday, May 01, 2006

New Slips

I've been a bit under the weather lately (isn't that a funny saying) and missed quite a bit of work last week as a result. Well, I wouldn't say I missed it but I wasn't there. I had the perfect illness. One that required me to be at home but one that didn't leave me devoid of the will to do anything, like knit.

DH has been requesting a new pair of slippers for a little while. I thought he just wanted attention until he showed me all the affection he's used up on his existing pair of slippers, illustrated by my ability to stick my finger through the bottom of these guys. He's completely worn a hole in them! There are a couple of spots that are nearly worn through but they should last another week or so. He was so sad I couldn't just fix them (and make him a new pair too...).


He likes the new pair that I managed to whip out last week due to the abundance of time I had to knit. He's so sweet to entertain my obsession with this shade of green. I'm sure you will begin to see the trend this month as green is the Project Spectrum color this month (HOORAY!!)

I haven't gotten around to felting them yet as we decided right before I got sick to make some improvements to our laundry room and the washer and dryer are still sitting in the hallway waiting for us to get finished already. Part of the improvements included painting the walls green. Imagine that.

5 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Imbrium said...

Now that's a loved pair of slippers. So sweet!

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger CynCyn said...

ooh! I love the colors of the new slippers! LUUUUURRRV.
maybe your DH is one of the few that needs those leathered/sueded bottoms sewn onto the slipper bottoms. maybe it helps with the build up of static electricity too?

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger duchessofgravity said...

wow, i can't imagine that he wore through the sole! its great that they are so easy to knit. but too bad i guess the old ones will head to the big slipper house in the sky :(

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Now that is a sign of loving him some knitting, eh?! The new slippers are great!

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Ahh, so sweet of you to knit DH up a new pair of slippers. They were loved an awful lot. Sorry you were sick, I was too last week. Hope you're better and on the mend! That color green is awesome!!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home