Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Shopping

I did manage to get a little shopping in while I was out of town. I love my family. They know how obsessed I've become. My dad even told our tour guide at the art place we stopped at that if there was any history around knitting, yarn, or even sheep that I'd be most interested in those items. Ha.

I found two shops while I was out there. The first shop I came across by accident. We arrived a few minutes early to the spa we were visiting to get our nails done. I was standing in the parking lot glancing around at the variety of stores in the strip mall when I noticed a sign with a sewing machine on it.

At first glance it doesn't appear to be a yarn shop at all, and in fact inside it was divided between baby fabrics, crochet threads, and yarn. They didn't have anything that screamed my name but did have some great purse accessories so I picked up a few of them.

I also managed to swing by the Black Sheep Wool Company when I had a couple of hours free one morning. What a cute shop! The ladies working there were very helpful and so sweet. They mostly carried yarns and brands that I've seen before. I hadn't seen this though and I loved the pattern book so I picked up enough to make a tank.

The yarn is 100% acrylic. I'm not sure how I feel about that. It feels a lot like cotton only a bit softer. I liked the way it was spun and it's not spongy like Red Heart or any of those kinds of yarn. The patterns are what really sold me though. The one on the cover says it all. Nearly everything in there was cute and something I'd actually wear. We'll give it a try and see how it goes.

6 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Blogger CynCyn said...

pretty color! you just needed 'souvenir' yarn from your trip, right?

 
At 3:06 PM, Blogger Brianne said...

Love! Love! Love!

That color is perfect. Let us know how the yarn knits up!

 
At 6:15 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

Pretty color of the Nashua. I'll be interested to see how it turnes out.

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger duchessofgravity said...

i've looked at those patterns before too! sheesh! since when do we share a brain? i'm gonna have to steal some of those from you. watch out! ;)

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Those are cute purse accessories! And a lovely blue - hope it knits up nicely. All acrylic scares me. :)

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger JulieFrick said...

Hey! Just found you (through another blog) and am so excited to watch you knit the cover tank from IK. Yes, I said "to watch you knit" because though I am lusting after that top, I am not allowed to buy new yarn right now. Not. Allowed. Repeat ten times, then cry. I'll be back to monitor your progress! You are now my official Knitter By Proxy.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home