Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Stockinette is your Friend

Wow... I wrote this last week and forgot to publish it...

So I'm not just working on the Lotus Blossom Tank (like I've ever just worked on one thing... ha). I'm also plugging away at the Waterlily Tank. This one is from the Spring issue of Interweave Knits. I noticed it when that issue came out but it didn't catch my eye until I saw a finished one. Too cute. I'm using the Colinette Giotto that the pattern calls for but my colorway is Sea Breeze. I'm really looking forward to it being finished. It's a super easy knit - read: big needles and stockinette - what could be better! I have a great little blue jean skirt that never gets worn and will look great with this little top. Gotta get it done...



See it at flickr

And today's update would be that I finished this little bugger this weekend. Talk about a quick knit. It was a bit boring at times but that is what stockinette is for right?


See it at flickr

And the back

See it at flickr

Love it! I'm hoping it warms up later this week to wear it.

10 Comments:

At 6:18 PM, Blogger Chris said...

It's very cute! Instant gratification. Heh, you should wander up to Minneapolis, where it's 81F right now (7 pm) after being in the upper 90s Sunday and Monday. Blech.

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Wanda said...

Wow, that is really cute! And you didn't make it as long as the one in the picture either! I liked it when I saw it, but the original top is more like a tunic-y dress. I like the shorter version! Hmm, makes me think of something I can do with some solid cotton ribbon yarn that is a bit bulky. I'm going to try and ignore this but yours is ever so cute!!

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Jenifer said...

Nice job! I'm dying to make that one, too. I've been sort of thinking of a cheapo hobby lobby substitution ... but I love the way the Colinette turned out! (I'm so into quick and easy knits these days ...)

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Wow! I wasn't expecting that next picture to be an FO picture! I can't wait to see it on a sunshiney day soon!!

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Calling Kahlo said...

That looks really nice. I like the colors.

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger CynCyn said...

i can't believe it's all done! I barely saw you working on it. Bring it on friday, k?

 
At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

That is a great tank top! It sounds like the weather will be plenty warm for it this weekend :-)

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Annie said...

It looks very nice, the colours look good

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Cathi said...

Very nice- I bet you'll get a lot of wear out of it this summer.

 
At 6:47 AM, Anonymous margaret9 said...

So Pretty! I'm halfway through with this pattern and just about to start the bodice, I love the back, wish that IK would have shown it in the magazine, because I couldn't really picture it until now.Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home