Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Monday, June 19, 2006

Estes

Whew. I survived. My pocket book even survived. The Estes Park Wool Festival has to be one of the more enjoyable events of my year. I love it not only because it's a great excuse to hang out with friends



but also because festival itself is a great place to find those fibers you don't see on a regular basis.



And since I don't keep any of these guys in my backyard it's nice to see and appreciate where it all starts...



I was really proud of myself this year. Not only did I stay in budget, but I had enough left over to buy lunch with what I'd allocated. I know. It's almost weird. I did pick up some lovely things while there though.


Just kidding!! This is all of our yarn. After lunch we decided a "haul" picture was in order. I believe this conglomeration belongs to me, Stacey, Cynthia, Jeni, and Wanda. Nachele was going to add hers but was afraid it would break the bit of plastic we had loaded up.

I did bring home these though.

Brooks Farm Yarn Harmony (a wool/silk blend) that is destined for something lacy. Maybe.


A cashmere, merino, manmade (that's what the tag says. I wonder what "manmade" actually is...) blend lace weight that is destined to wait in the stash until I'm a bit more comfortable with the teeny tiny yarns. And a sport weight skein from Plain and Fancy. So pretty.


Interlacements got me again. I picked up some silk roving to make some more of that silk paper. I really enjoyed that and think it'd be really neat on the wall in the living room. I also picked up two skeins of tiny toes. So pretty...

9 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, Blogger LKB said...

Great pictures! The Wool festival was great, and I stayed within my budget too!

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger CynCyn said...

you definitely picked up some beautiful beautiful stuff... what pattern/sweater are you thinking for the harmony?

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Crazy Colorado Knitter said...

me, too! great festival, stayed within budget enough that I have lunch money for the work week, too! :D

 
At 3:04 PM, Anonymous michaele said...

beautiful purchases. I wish I could say I'd stayed within budget... It was good to see you, however briefly!

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Wow, within budget - yay!! I LOVE that Tiny Toes - how pretty! And great photo of the "haul."

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Kristen said...

I love the yarn you got. I can't wait to see what you do with the Brooks. I am still petting a few skeins from last year. I bought their sock yarn this time. Gotta love some superwash in pretty colors!!

Happy Knitting.

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

We had such a great time and thanks for having us over. You got some lovely yarns. I'm going to have to see that Plain & Fancy up close, it looks similar to what I'm working with now.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Eddy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Eddy said...

Hi, I liked your post, was useful. I came across this post through a Google search and your post was relevant. Check out this link, I think that you might enjoy it. http://earth4energy.ratereviews.net/

Thanks,
Eddy

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home