Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Lacen'

As Cyn mentioned the other day, she, Wanda, Joanne (she's got some great pictures of some of the lace samples in her post from the 10th. Go check it out. I'll wait here.), and I were in a lace class this past weekend taught by none other than Nancy Bush. She was a delightful teacher and I'd jump at the chance to take another class from her any day. I particularly enjoyed all the history we got about Estonia. Fitting for an Estonian lace class, no?

Since it's been covered so well already I thought I'd wait until I could show off the sampler in full blocking action. I'll have to apologize now. While having a checkered pattern on my blocking board is exceptionally useful for blocking purposes, it makes for less than ideal lace blocking pictures. But here you have it anyway. Tah-dah. (Sorry, Cyn, yours is blocking but the picture really didn't come out).


Click for big


Another very entertaining part of class came from these little guys that kept peeking their heads around any of the closed mini blinds.



3 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Your swatch is great!

Too funny about the peacocks - the first time I was ever in Colorado was for spring break a number (a-hem) of years ago. As we were leaving, heading east out of Denver on the interstate, there were peacocks walking magestically along the highway. Tragically, I was the only one awake...

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger CynCyn said...

dude. your nupps look amazing! maybe it would be better against a completely black background.

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

Oh, your sampler turned out so nicely. Sadly I haven't had any time to work on mine since class. I hope to resolve by early next week. I do miss working on it.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home