Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Monday, June 05, 2006

Lotus Bloom

What a most excellent weekend! It had much knitting and even something a little something knitting related but off by *this* much...

First the direct knitting.
I got to spend Friday evening with my knitting pals. I love that knitting group. It's such a great group of ladies and the place we meet is so tolerable of our noisy joviality (even though it's a book store).

I spent the evening getting through the lace part of the Lotus Blossom Tank. I love how this bamboo is knitting up. If you've ever had the chance to knit with this but passed on it I highly encourage you to reconsider. Beautiful stuff. The fabric drapes so nicely. The solid colors are gorgeous too if you aren't into variegated yarns. Here's a nice close up of the lace pattern (please ignore any mistakes you may spot... I'm denying their existence anyway).


See it at flickr

And the progress to date. As might be expected the stockinette is going much slower than the lace pattern was. It makes good knit group knitting now though.


See it at flickr

I just wish it was done as I'm still obsessing over starting a few new projects. Imagine that.

8 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Blogger JulieFrick said...

Oh, hurrah! I've been so looking forward to seeing this tank "in action," as my progress can only be described as "inaction." IN my defense, I have a mountain of stash and other projects to get through. Hurrah for vicarious knits!

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Man - is that ever beautiful. How come you get to knit all the things I want to and I work in a yarn store? IT'S JUST NOT FAIR I TELL YOU!!

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger CynCyn said...

the top looks great! I hope you finish it soon so we can see you model it this summer. See you Wednesday!

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Rev. Linda said...

I love your LBTank. It's beautiful. I have the Bamboo in a variegated tan/pink/green. Can't wait to get to work. I'm wondering about your gauge. Did you check it with the SS or the Lace or both?

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger Glaistig said...

The tank is gorgeous. The texture and the color really complement one another. Sounds like good old Spring/Summer Startitis is rearing its head :)

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Chris said...

It's so, so lovely. Great yarn for that pattern!

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Betty said...

Gorgeous!

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

The color is just amazing. I almost really want it except I love the color I chose too. Beautiful progress on it. With just the stockinette, you may finish it shortly!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home