Sittin' Here Knittin' - Old one

Ramblings about Knitting and other important stuff

Friday, June 09, 2006

Sittin' Here Knittin'

Before I really shame myself fessing up about recent yarn acquisitions I thought it might be best to brag about the actual knitting I've been getting done.

This would be the Tank Girl Tank that I recently restarted. I had started it last summer but we hit a cold snap and I just didn't manage to keep it going.


See it at flickr

It's a really quick knit and I think it'll be really cute when it's finished so I hope to get to that point very soon.

You've seen this recently.


See it at flickr

Remember how I said I had to finish one of these before I'd let myself start something else. Well, I've never been all that good about keeping commitments like that so I'm sure this won't surprise you.


See it at flickr

Sorry for the fuzz there folks. This pretty thing will one day grow up to be the Knitting Tote from Berroco. I fell in love with this colorway of the Suede Tri-color (they call it Agave Cactus) and determined that I must make this bag from it. I'm so thrilled at how it is striping. I get just about two full rounds of each color before it changes. Just enough I think, and so much easier than trying to create the stripes myself.

Here's one you haven't seen in a while. It's the Ruffle Lace Cardigan from Adrienne Vittadini. I really hope that significant stripe I can see is part of the pattern. Keep your fingers crossed for me that I didn't start on the wrong row when I picked this back up from the WIP pile.


See it at flickr

And finally we have Big and Cozy updates.


See it at flickr

FINALLY on met the halfway mark. Hooray!! It's been too hot lately to even think about knitting on this puppy but every time we dip down into the 70s I get going on it again, even if it's just a couple of rows. I really really want to finish this kinda soon. I am starting to feel overwhelmed with the knitting-for-others I've committed myself to.

Hope everyone has a happy knitterly weekend. Don't forget Saturday is Knit In Public day. Get out there with those sticks and show 'em all how it's done!

2 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Yay on how far you are on the Big Cozy! The suede bag is really cool. And I have my fingers crossed on the Ruffle Lace Cardigan!

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Wanda said...

Oh, wow, you've had lots of knitty progress. Don't forget about the Lotus Blossom, you are so close. And the tank girl tank looks good too. I really like the colorway you chose for the bag, very cute! And you're so close on Big & Cozy! At least it will soon be over. I wasn't aware you were so close on it.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home